Monday, January 14, 2013

Paul and the Truth

Was Paul Lying?

The False Teaching

Paul was lying because he only taught the Way of the Spirit and not the Way of the Flesh.  He didn't want the Gentiles to be saved on the Day of Destruction.

New Testament Response

Paul responds:
Colossians 4:4 (NIV)
Pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should.

1 Timothy 2:7
to which I was appointed a preacher and an apostle (I am telling the truth in Christ, not lying), a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and truth.

Romans 9:1
I tell the truth in Christ. I am not lying, my conscience testifying with me in the Holy Spirit,

Galatians 1:20
Now about the things which I write to you, behold, before God, I'm not lying.

2 Corinthians 11:31
The God and Father of the Lord Jesus Christ, he who is blessed forevermore, knows that I don't lie.

1 Corinthians 15:3
For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, (See also Galatians 1:11)

1 Thessalonians 2:3
For our exhortation is not of error, nor of uncleanness, nor in deception.

2 Corinthians 4:2-3 (NIV)
Rather, we have renounced secret and shameful ways; we do not use deception, nor do we distort the word of God. On the contrary, by setting forth the truth plainly we commend ourselves to every man’s conscience in the sight of God. And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing.